This Thanksgiving, just last year, I have a lot to be thankful for! Last year, I was thankful for change and we had some big changes happen this time last year. The biggest change, besides me beginning recovery to 100% health, was having my sister-in-law, Emily move in with us. WOW, time sure does fly by! Here’s a few more things I’ve been thankful for this month!
- I’m thankful I was able to see my cousins, my great-aunt, and my best friend when I visited Michigan in October. I know that technically didn’t happen in November, but I had to mention it! Here’s a picture of me with my “not so little” younger cousins and their significant others!
- I’m EXTREMELY grateful that I am still Lyme free and have had stable health for the past 13 months. I promise I’ll write my most recent update soon, but really there isn’t much new to tell, I still feel great!
- Our home is a huge blessing! It provided a comfortable space for us to host a memorial for California friends and extended family of my friend who passed away in October and lots of space for us to host family for holidays.
- I am loving our new chicken condo. It has been super helpful to put the chickens inside if we need to leave before dark. It’s also provided excellent shelter for them on rainy days. Very thankful for my awesome husband for building it!
- I love this beautiful Japanese maple in our yard that turns the most vibrant shade of burnt orange every fall! I’m thankful for the person that planted it!
- I am so happy Emily was able to have treatment at Infusio. The $6000 of donations really helped make it possible for her to go, a HUGE thank you to everyone who contributed, big or small, it all helped!
- I was excited to hear that Avril Lavinge donated over $60,000 she raised for her birthday to LymeLight Foundation! This will allow them to provided more treatment grants for kids up to age 25 with Lyme Disease. Click here to learn more about Lymelight Foundation.
- It was lovely go bowling with good friends and their kiddos. I bowled my best game ever, 117! I credit this improvement to no longer having joint pain and weakness in my wrists. It was nice to bowl and not be in pain!
- I’m overwhelmed by the kindness of those who’ve agreed to participate in my Infusio Interviews! I’m grateful they are willing to share and help others learn more about a treatment option for Lyme.
- Much gratitude to my husband’s employer for hosting a holiday shindig at the California Academy of Sciences. It was a fun time! Here’s my husband and I dressed up, it’s fun to get “fancy” sometimes!
- I’m relieved my midterm is done and that I finished my first semester of school for Nutrition Consultant, I’m looking forward to the next semester in therapeutic nutrition.
- I’m thankful for everyone who reads my blog! I hope you find some helpful nuggets of information here!
What are you thankful for this month and Thanksgiving season? Share with me in the comments!