The original recipe can be found in FastPaleo Top 100 of 2012. I found it to be a bit to “meaty” for my taste, it called for 3 pounds of beef! I’ve revamped it to include more veggies, and less beef.
Serves 4 Prep time: 15 minutes. Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound of grass-fed ground beef
- 1 small organic onion, minced
- 4 cups of peeled and cubed, organic sweet potatoes. I used 2 large sweet potatoes.
- 4 cups of organic baby spinach or arugula
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 2 tsp of dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 tbsp of olive oil, or butter
In a large skillet, warm the oil or melt the butter. Add sweet potatoes and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until softened. Once softened, removed from pan and set aside.
Add ground beef, and onion, to the pan. Cook until beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cumin, parsley, and pepper.
Add the sweet potatoes back into the pan, and mix well. Stir in the spinach or arugula, cook until wilted.
Eat immediately! This also tastes great for lunch the next day!