This is one of my favorite summer salads, and this time of year, I could seriously eat it EVERY day! Another reason it’s a favorite is because only takes about 15 minutes to prepare. I use different types of tomatoes, depending on what’s available at the farmers market. This salad is especially tasty with heirloom tomatoes.
Serves 4-6. Prep time: 20-30 minutes
- 4 cups of chopped cucumbers. I prefer English or Japanese varieties.
- 3 cups of chopped tomatoes. Any type of tomato works, cherry, plum, grape, heirloom, etc.
- 1/2 cup of olive or avocado oil. I like this brand of avocado oil.
- 3-4 Tbsp of lemon juice. The amount depends on how much of a “lemony” taste you want!
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of sumac.
- 1 – 2 avocados
- 2-3 Tbsp of fresh, minced parsley
Add chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocados to a large bowl. Add oil, lemon juice, sumac, and parsley. Mix gently until ingredients are well incorporated. It can be served immediately, or 15-30 minutes after prepared.