Happy New Year’s Eve! I hope you’re enjoying this holiday season!
December has been a fun and unusual month! My husband and I have been on a cross-country road trip since December 2nd. I’m typing this as my husband drives 80 miles per hour (that is the speed limit!) on I-10, in the middle of no where, in Texas. We are approaching Fort Stockton and it’s been almost 100 miles since the last town!
Now it’s time to share what I’m thankful for this month!
- I’m grateful my husband’s employer shuts down every year between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, without that extra time off, this road trip wouldn’t have been possible.
- I’m happy I can read and type while being the passenger in a car. This was impossible when I had Lyme, I’d get nauseous almost immediately. I was able to do homework during our drive!
- I loved being in Florida with my parents, cousin’s, and aunt for Christmas. This is only the 2nd time I’ve visited for Christmas since I moved to California in 1996!
- I’m thankful for the National Park Service, we visited two great parks on our trip, Big Bend in Texas and White Sands in New Mexico. Here’s a few of pictures from these unique locations.
- We’ve driven almost 6,000 miles, had zero car issues, and only experienced two days of rainy weather. I am so thankful for our reliable car and that we weren’t driving in the mega winter storm that affected New Mexico, Texas, and Louisiana and many other states on December 26th.
- I’m thankful for our Go Berkey Water Filter, we use a big Berkey filter at home. It filters out all kind of yucky stuff, including the chlorine. This smaller version allowed us to have filtered water our entire trip and not have to buy any bottled water.
- This one may sound silly, but I going to share it anyway! I am SUPER THANKFUL for my bed! When this trip is over I’ll have slept in 19 different beds; I cannot wait to sleep in my own!
- I overcame my fear of riding horses and I thank God for helping me overcome fears! Although I only did a couple slow rides, I really enjoyed the two days we spent at White Stallion Ranch, and the sweet horse I rode during our stay. Here’s a picture of me and Dusty.
- Last but not least, I’m thankful I was able to take an almost 30 day trip and feel well the entire time! I doubt I could have done this trip 2 years ago!
What are you thankful for this month? I’d love to hear from you!
December 31, 2015 at 5:27 pm
Looks like an amazing trip! So glad your able to enjoy!
January 22, 2016 at 1:45 pm
So glad you are feeling so much better and are able to take a trip like that!
January 23, 2016 at 7:26 pm
Thanks so much! How have you been feeling?