Another month has flown by and it was busier than April! Here’s the things I was thankful for this month!
- I’m loving my school curriculum! This week I finished Nutritional Biochemistry! I am still getting used to having homework, hopefully that will become second nature soon 🙂
- We celebrated my brother-in-law’s 8th birthday last weekend. I attempted to reproduce a good friends “watermelon cake.” This is a great alternative to sugar laden birthday cakes and her kids love it. Her version is way more elaborate but I made this in roughly 15 minutes! I think he liked it ….check it out!
- I’m extremely excited to sell our first home! We’ve been landlords for almost 10 years and have been patiently waiting for the real estate market to improve. I am SO GRATEFUL the time has finally come! Getting it ready to sell has taken up lots of my time this month, but I hopeful it will be sold by July!
- I’m happy everything went smoothly introducing my new bee colony, Zinnia to their new home!
- We had a tiny bit of rain throughout the month! Even though it was maybe a 1/2 inch, ANYTHING helps when you’re experiencing the extreme drought conditions that we are here in California. I found this funny meme about Californians…it’s true!
- Today, I will finally finish planting my veggie garden. I decided to keep it small this year because of the drought. I’ll be adding cucumber, basil, onion and strawberry starts to the heirloom tomatoes and arugula I planted a couple of weeks ago. I’m also planting these seeds.
- I am so, so ready for our upcoming vacation to Maui…we leave in 5 days!!! This will be my first trip since returning from Infusio and the first trip in eight years that I don’t have to worry about dealing Lyme symptoms flaring up. I am THRILLED that I won’t be packing a backpack full of medications and supplements. It is truly a blessing!
- I was so happy a friend took time out of her busy day earlier this month, to share her coop set up with me and answers questions I had. She was so gracious to let me borrow a couple things to help me get started! When I get back from vacation I hope to pick up some chicks. If you have chicken’s I’d love to hear any advice you have, especially on predator proofing our orchard so they can free range. We have coyotes and bobcats that sometimes walk by during the day and I don’t want my hens to become a tasty treat for them! We have it fenced in but someone thought they might try to climb it 😦
- Oh, one more thing about Maui!! I have to share the awesome blessing in disguise we got two weeks ago! The hotel we booked cancelled our reservation because someone made a last-minute request to book the entire property during the 4 days we had booked. At first, I was bummed because we reserved an excellent promotional deal and were splurging to stay there. Finding another place two weeks before departing seemed stressful! The hotel offered to pay the change fee for our airfare and pay our ENTIRE stay if we moved our dates to another time in June. We took them up on their offer and they paid for first class airfare (because those were the only seats available) and paid for our 6 day stay at the end of our vacation. WOW! I was (and still am!) in shock!
What are you thankful for? Share with me 🙂