March has been a whirlwind, I can’t believe the month is almost over! Thankfully it’s been busy with lots of fun and exciting things. Here’s some of the things I’m thankful for this month!
- The first weekend in March, I attended my first LymeLight Foundation fundraising event, Dart for Art. It was more fun than I expected! Besides getting to meet the people behind this great organization, everyone attending brings home a piece of art. My husband and I were lucky enough to get our 3rd choice when it was our turn to “dart.” I’m happy with our piece since photography is one of my favorite forms of art. LymeLight Foundation has awarded 256 treatment grants, totaling $956,500 since 2011. Isn’t that awesome?!?
- I’m so thankful that five months since my treatment at Infusio, I am still feeling great and have not had one Lyme symptom. I’m starting a new series called Infusio Interviews, you can read more about it here.
- We had a swarm of bees take up residence in a redwood tree for about an hour. It was very cool to see the bees create a “mini-hive” on a tree branch.
- I took some great photos of my bees collecting pollen from on of my camellia bushes.
- Our plum, pear, and peach trees started to bloom.
- I took the “Take A Bite Out Of Lyme Challenge“, you can watch my video here. I’m thankful for the volunteers who’ve organized the challenge to help bring more awareness about Lyme disease.
- I spent a week in Houston visiting a good friend. I had a super fun time hanging out with her one and three year old boys!
- Speaking of Houston, I used to be an extremely nervous flier, so it’s a testament to God’s amazingness in helping me overcome my fear that I did just fine on a very bumpy 3 hour flight home! I wore this “good luck charm” Trevor gave me while we were dating….which was the last time I flew somewhere alone!
- And last, but certainly not least, I’m thankful I get to spend the last week of the month with my Mom and Aunt who are visiting me here in California. I’m so excited to spend quality time with both of them. We will also spend some time exploring Yosemite! Here’s a picture of me and my Mom from 1976 🙂
What are you thankful for? Share with in the comments!