Robyn lives a couple hours away from the Infusio clinic in Los Angeles, so she’s been able to have in person, follow up appointments since her 100 day mark earlier this year. She emailed me an update on July 28th, which included a detailed recap of what’s happened in the 10 months since her treatment in Germany. I will also include the links to her previous updates at the bottom of this post. Here’s Robyn’s most recent update:
Treatment dates: September 21 – October 2, 2015
I know everyone is hopeful about Infusio’s stem cell protocol. Unfortunately, at 10 months post treatment, my symptoms have NOT improved and continue to be chronic insomnia, chronic daily headaches, and fatigue. I’m sad that the blood stem cell treatment did not work. I’ve restarted a Chinese Herb protocol as per Dr. Sara of Infusio. Here is my summary. I hope it helpful to someone else.
Consultation to 10 Month Summary Post Infusio
July 2015: Consultation with Dr. Philip at Infusio, Beverly Hills. The Global Diagnostic showed a “2” for Borrelia2 (they test for Borrelia and Borrelia 2) . “2” for Babesia and “2” for TBE (Tick Borne Encephalitis). I had been on antibiotics, Ceftin, Azithromycin, Plaquenil, and Mepron for 4 years. For 2 of those years I was added the Buhner protocol herbs. I was on all of these during the Global Diagnostic Consultation. Most of my systems were heavily taxed including my immune system. I went to Infusio Germany in late September 2015 for the 10 day IV treatment and stem cells treatment. The stem cell treatment extracts your stem cells from a pint size blood drawn and grows your stem cells for a week, in a culture.
- I stopped all antibiotics and herbs 2 months prior to arriving in Germany.
- I did 11 shots of Thymus prior to arriving in Germany. I had another 10 shots of Thymus while at Infusio.
- I had 605,000 stem cells harvested from my blood
- 7 days later, after growing in a culture, I received 2,740,000 stem cells back via injection in my upper left arm
- Jen here, I thought it’d be helpful to share a couple other stem cell recipients counts after one week. From what I understand the more that grow in a week, the better the outcome.
- Me: Original amount of stem cells harvested was 1,390,000. Dr Michael said the “vitality” of my stem cells was at 90%, which is lower than average, most people have a vitality of 95%. After one week of culturing, the vitality increased to 100%, and my count increased to 5,220,000. He said the that amount is higher than they usually see in women, and was a good sign.
- Richard: Original amount of stem cells harvests 700,000 and after one week, his increased to 5,000,000. I’ll try to get stem cell counts from others and update this post later.
Post Infusio Updates
- January 22, 2016 – 113 days post stem cell treatment: Global Diagnostic showed a “1” for Lyme and “0” for all other co-infections. I was encouraged but I still had severe fatigue, daily migraines and chronic insomnia. I was getting 4 -5 hours of sleep a night with herbal and pharmaceutical support. I was told not to take any supplements other Vit. K2, digestive enzymes, and thyroid medication.
- May 6 and 7, 2016 – 7 months post stem cell treatment: Global Diagnostics scan showed I had a “4” for Borrelia, a “1” for Babesia, a “1” for Borrelia, and “4” for Borellia 2 and a “4” for MycoPlasma. Dr. Philip said it wasn’t “raging lyme” but was the cyst form showing (notice that the Global Diagnostic showed the different strain of Borrelia than the month before). Dr. Philip said my immune system knows what to do and he recommended the 10 pass ozone for extra support.
- The next day (May 6, 2016), I did a 10 pass Ozone, the laser photon bed, and cold laser on my shins and sternum. Following treatment, the Global Diagnostic scan showed ”0” for Borrelia, “1” for Borrelia2, “0” for Babesia, and “2” for MycoPlasma.
- June 3, 2016, – 8 months post treatment: Global Diagnostic showed Borellia as a “4”, Borrelia2 was “0”, Babesia “2” and Mycoplasma P. “1” and Mycoplasma L was a “2”.Over the past 2 months, my fatigue had worsened, my migraines were still daily, and I had chronic insomnia. I was now having anxiety attacks, outbursts of rage, depression, daily heart palptations, and air hunger similar to prior to being diagnosed with Lyme. I received treatment through the Global Diagnostic machine, laser photon bed, and cold laser on my shins and sternum. Dr. Sarah, put me on their Borrellia tincture. I added some Buhner Herbs that weren’t in the tincture.
- July 22, 2016 – 10 months post treatment: Taking the Infusio Lyme Tincture and Buhner Herb Protocol for 1 month and my energy is improving some. My headaches are daily and I’m doing acupuncture. My insomnia continues. I get about 4-5 hours of sleep nightly but wake up several times. I take 100 mg Trazodone +15 mg Temazepam + 500 mg Phosphytidlyserine + Calm (magnesium). Other herbs such as melatonin or hops don’t seem to help and may make sleep worse.
- My diet is organic, mostly gluten and sugar free. I don’t have any digestive issues or food allergies, including gluten. I take digestive enzymes, fish oils, collagen powder, vitamin B complex, and glutathione daily. I have done a lot of emotional work. My biggest stress is dealing with this illness and the insurance companies. I cannot hold a job due to chronic insomnia, fatigue – especially post exertion such as cleaning the house or going to lunch with a friend. I pace myself during the day to spread my energy throughout the day, although I’m usually exhausted by late afternoon and unable to do much at night. I continue to have difficulty watching TV as the quick motions make my brain spin.
I see Dr. Philip in August and we will see what his plan is for me. I haven’t read many long-term success stories.
As always, I’m extremely grateful for Robyn’s willingness to continue to share her story even if Infusio has not been as successful as she hoped. I think it is important to share all experiences, as it helps other make a better educated decision on if treatment at Infusio is right for them. Here’s the links to Robyn’s previous updates: