So, umm, yeah, I’m a bit behind writing this Thankful Thursday post! But sometimes “life” happens and things like vacation and summer fruit harvest are more important than writing a blog post 🙂 Things have been INSANELY busy here on the homestead since I got home from vacation on June 20th!
About 3 days after arriving home, I came down with a mild cold and it happened at the same time our Japanese (aka Santa Rosa) and Green Gage plum trees were ready to have their first set of fruit harvested. Thankfully, they didn’t drop too much fruit while I was resting and it has been a great harvest so far. Here’s a bit more about what I was thankful for in June,
1. Maui, Maui, Maui!! I am extremely grateful for the time my husband and I had together exploring and relaxing on this beautiful island. I had been once before, for a very short (3 day) visit about 17 years ago. Since we were there almost 3 weeks, we got to explore almost every part of the island. Here’s some pictures of this amazing place!
2. I’m thankful both of our flights to and from Maui were uneventful and safe, Hawaiian Airlines did not disappoint!
3. I’m happy for the 10 apricots that came from our very small tree.
4. I’m grateful for the sticky mess I experienced while I processed my first ever batch of honey! It was a fun experience but it is VERY messy! The frames had been sitting in my garage fridge since Verbena colony absconded in February. I needed to clear it out to make room for the upcoming fruit harvest. Here’s a few pictures of the “old fashion processing.”
5. I was excited to see how much my garden had grown in three weeks. My black beans were growing well, the watermelon radish sprouted, and I spotted my first Japanese cucumber!
6. I am so thankful for our big, beautiful Japanese Plum tree and our two Green Gage trees for giving us such an amazing bounty of fruit each year. The total harvest this season of Japanese plums was 44 pounds and Green Gage was 33 pounds!
7. Finally, I am so enormously grateful for my renewed health! It was truly awesome to have a vacation and not even think about Lyme AT ALL. My shortness of breath is one thing I still experience. I’ve purposely been holding off on writing my 6 month Infusio update until after I have a follow-up. I have my follow-up scheduled and will have my 6 month update posted by the end of the month. I also hope to have Madison’s 3 month follow up soon.
What were you thankful for in June? Share with me!
P.S – Summer is super busy around here so I’ll be taking a break from Thankful Thursday’s until October. Have a wonderful summer and don’t forget to be thankful!