Searching for a new soup recipe to satisfy my craving, led me to this unique and tasty recipe at Vital Choice. It uses salmon, my favorite fish!
I really love the quality of fish, and other products at Vital Choice. I try to eat fish once a week, so I place a bulk order with them every six months.
I didn’t change much about this recipe except for reducing the serving size. I hope you enjoy this salmon soup recipe!
Serves 4 Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 (6 oz) skinless wild salmon filets (about 1.25 lbs total)
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon dried garlic)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 cups of arugula, chopped (if you can’t find arugula, use spinach)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
Heat oven to 425 F
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. On the baking sheet, stir together tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, salt and black pepper to taste. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
Season salmon with salt and black pepper to taste. Add to baking sheet with the tomatoes and roast until fillets are opaque and flake easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add stock, sea salt, cayenne, oregano, and fennel seed and bring to a simmer.
Add arugula and simmer, stirring occasionally until wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
Arrange the whole salmon filets bowls. Top with soup. Garnish with roasted tomatoes, feta, and parsley.