I recently dug out my “old school” recipe box. You know, the kind with recipe cards that are handwritten? It was hidden in the back of the pantry, I’d almost forgot about it.
These days most of my recipes are saved via Pintrest, bookmarks, and various websites. Looking through it, I found some gems. This salad is one of my long time favorites, simple, yet so good! Serves 4-6.
- 1 large bunch of spinach
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 oz of marinated artichokes, drain and reserve the marinade. I use artichokes found in the fresh olive bar section, at my grocery store.
- 1/2 cup of sliced, or whole pitted olives, drained. I like to use black or kalamata olives. I’m sure other options would taste good too!
- 3 oz of crumbled feta or goat feta
Add all to a medium sized bowl
- Reserved marinade from artichokes
- 1 TBS of olive oil
- 2 TBS of fresh lemon juice
- Dash of salt and pepper
Whisk all dressing ingredients together, until mixed well. Add dressing to salad, and toss lightly.
That’s it, super simple, and very tasty!
May 4, 2014 at 2:13 pm
I love Greek salad! It’s also good on pizza.